New Meeting House
Our CHurch Building
New Meeting House is set well back from the road and approached between lawns flanked by trees, shrubs, and flower borders. It dates from 1782, but was greatly enlarged just over a century later in 1892 when the striking neo-gothic frontage was added.
The interior also benefited from the 1882 improvement, with the addition of a vestibule entrance, wooden galleries and a chancel. Beautiful stained glass windows, several by Hardmans of Birmingham, depict the life and teaching of Jesus, and rare encaustic tiles from Jackfields of Broseley, Salop adorn the chancel walls.
However, the greatest treasures within the church have to be the 17th c. carved Jacobean pulpit of Richard Baxter (which was once situated in Kidderminster's Parish Church) together with his Complete Works (18th c) bound in four large volumes.
New MEeting Hall
Alongside the church is a matching neo-gothic fronted hall added to the site in 1907 to provide space for the community to meet together for performances and dances.
It now includes our toilet facilities and is accessible to wheelchair users.
The building is used by our friends the Kidderminster Operatic and Dramatic Society (KODS)
The Pearsall Community Room
With a separate entrance down the side of the church the original vestry has been transformed into a multipurpose room for church and community use.
Many different activities take place in this space during the typical week.